For the August book I read "Chris & Nancy: The True Story of the Benoit Murder-Suicide & Pro Wrestling's Cocktail of Death by Irvin Muchnick.
The book goes in death of the Murder-Suicide of Nancy, Chris, and their son, back in June 2007. What happened that weekend, if WWE higher ups knew before their Monday night show what truly happened, how steroids may have played a part of it, how law enforcement handled it and how media made a media circus of if it. Irvin talked to(or tried to) Former neighbors, family members, layers, co-workers about what happened.
Even though I haven't watched pro wrestling in years(I do keep up with what is going on), but I do remember when this happened. I was shocked when I heard about it. I remember listening to online radio shows and watching all the news coverage on CNN and other cable news channels. And I remember wishing that some of the reporters of the news shows would of done a better job at research before interviewing people(the cable news reporters not the internet radio shows, as the internet shows I listened to knew about wrestling).
The book was really good. Some things I knew from reading online, and somethings I didn't know. Because of the subject matter I opted not to do the art for this book.
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Its another steampunk challenge over at Anything But A card Challenge blog.
I am not a steampunk type of girl so this was a real challenge for me. But I think I pulled it off.
The journal I used is from Prima. The pages are single sided so I used the back side of one of the pages. I cut a piece of 12x12 paer from Timless Type from DCWV. I cut it a little smaller than the page in the journal so there's a border on the page. I distressed the edges with my scissors. I used distress stain in Antiqued Bronze on the page in the journal so it wouldn't be white border anymore. I took theTarnish Brass around the distrssed edges of the Tatter Type paper. I used an empty ATG tape roll to use as a stamp. I put some Brushed Pewter distress stain on a stamp block added some water and used the plastic tape thing as a stamp. I also used some of it for splatters and drips.
I cut the hot air balloon from the Cartogpher collection by Prima. It was in the ATC pad, but the pad is really 41/2 by 6 1/2(or somewhere around there). I found my Journal cards from the Craftsmen collection. I cut the boarder from one of the cards and glued them to the left side of the paper.
I used Priscilla, the Julie Nutting stamps from Prima. I stamped her on the Buff paper pad with black Versafine ink pad. I dressed her with 3 of the Craftmen journaling cards. I painted her hair and part of her boot with Inktense color pencil. The band on her hat is Gold marker from American Crafts. I glued her on the paper. I then added some more splots from the metallic distress stains. I then glued that page to the Journal. Then I let it sit. I know it needed something else. I didn't feel like digging in my stash for my gears that were cut on foam for stamping.
When I was dog sitting in June I went to Michael's and saw that Mod Podge came out with new Mod Molds(and new Mod Melts) I picked up the industrial mold to use for this. And I finally used the Amazing Casting Resin and 2 of the Alumilite powders that I won from Amazing Mold Putty back in December.
Here I set up my mold. I used the Allumilite Bronze and Gun Metal powders with a paint brush.
what the bottles look like when I look them out of the box
What part A and B look like in the little cups.
What it looks like after you pour into a plastic or paper cup, and stirred. Side note this get hot! And the more you stir the hotter it gets. and it sets up really fast.
This is what it looks like when it sets up. Its white. I had some left over resin and I was going to pour into the clock with this batch but the resin that was still in the cup set up by the time I finished pouring powder in it. So I had to make more and used the other mold I got to see what they looked liked. That set up while in mid pour. Was wild. LOL
And this is what they look like out of the mold. You can see I didn't get enough of the powder on the clock.
Once those were don While still warm and pliable. I trimmed the ones that needed to be trimmed. I used 2 of the small gears and the clock. I was able to glue them to the page with Aleen's Tacky. I went to word pad and useing Type Keys Filled font and typed Party like its 1899! cut it out glued it to the page. Colored the white showing with gold color pencil and Finally used Glossy Accents on the keys.
So be sure to check out Anything But A Card challenge blog to see what the other DT memebers are doing and play along! And don't forget ABAC is having a DT call! Deadline to send in your application to amazingcrafting at yahoo dot com is Sept 13! All the info about the DT call can be found here