Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Viva Las Vegas DT tryout


I am once again trying out for the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team. You can check their blog here



This card kinda evolved quickly. The background is the technique Tim Holtz did during the 12 tags of Chirstmas. I've done this technique before, as you saw in other blog posts. Its a fun one.

I put some metal tape on a peice of paper which is 4 x6, as this was going to a postcard for Darcy's postcard challenge, if the one I was doing doing go right. Well 2nd postcard I was working on, as the 1st one bombed.  Not wanting to waste it I deiced to play.

I used 4 different craft paints. Neon pink,  hot pink by Craft Smart; hot pink by folk art, and Brilliant Magenta Matt Acrylic by Blick's. After it dried I sanded it. I then used Black Soot distress ink over it. and poured clear UTEE over it and zapped the heat gun.

I then looked around my desk and saw a picture I printed of me when I was a baby wearing a Micky Mouse hat. I knew I had this stamp by VLVS that would go good with it. I went and grabbed that stamp. stamped it on white card stock in the black soot distress ink pad, because it was handy. lol I cut out the photo and went over the edges in black soot. attached the photo with foam tape. did the same with the sentiment.  It needed something else, I knew I had smaller pics of the same photo. Cut 2 out and also cut a different one I have. edge all in black soot. glued one of the ones like the big picture, and then put foam tape on the other one over that one. the other picayune I put glue on one part and foam tape on the other.






Mounted it with black card stock and then matted that on a white cardstock base.  I kinda like it. :)

Thanks for looking.




1 comment:

Proxxon Tools said...

very cool post. thanks for your submission for the Viva Las Vegastamps Design Team Call.