Sunday, May 31, 2015

Anything but a Card: 5th Sunday challenge

Its the 5th Sunday in the month so its means another 5th challenge Sunday over at Anything but a Card challenge blog.

My project is a little book I made using 5 sheets of paper for 1 signature. I was recently given From DeeDee Catron, a DYI mono plate that was made out of Amazing Mold Rubber that she made before she got a Geli plate. She lent me her to see if I would like it before getting a real one. After getting it I did a little play with it and I'm afraid to say....I liked it LOL. So after doing some mono printing on one side I did the other side of the papers.

When the papers were dried I folded them in half and did a simple stitch to bind them together. The result are these fun background pages. The pictures are in order. I have no idea what happened. lol

So once the book was put together, I got some Viva Las VegaStamps! stamps and what was around me and played in 5 pages of the book.

Be sure to check out the blog to see what the other DT members did and don't forget to play along and link the project to our blog!

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Everything has beauty

Okay this post is a little late, but better late then never. :)This is another art journal page that I did at the Art journal class with DeeDee Catron taught last month. DeeDee is now starting to put the classes up on video that can be found here, so those in other states or countries can check out the classes. And the price is cheap 2  video classes for $10! that's $5 a class!

Here is the background Using gesso star confetti stencil and star chipboard confetti by UmWowStudio. Also gray and pink (shocking craft paint). It was our homework to finish the page after we did the background 

Close up

Here is the finish page in my journal.  

I still had the butterflies we used for the gel medium transfer journal page from the begining of the year so I cut some of those out and did a transfer with them. I then stamped the wildflowers silhouette  from Viva Las VegaStamps! on the bottom of the page with Versafine ink pad. I then used Ultra High Gloss clear embossing powder on the wildflowers. It needed something else on the page. I took some  Daler Rowney FW artist acrylic ink in Process Magenta, put a few drops in my paint pallet and add some water and made some splots all over the age. I then cut the paper to fit the journal pages. I used Miracle tape and Glue. I then found a qute wrote it on a piece of scrap paper, glued it on the page and then outlined it with my black Stabilo pencil. 

Friday, May 15, 2015

Viva Las VegaStamps Guest Designer project 2

Hey guys! I'm back again at Viva Las VegaStamps! for another project as Guest Designer! Here is a sneaky peak! of my project on their blog!

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Anything but a Card: Challenge 47 Inspired by the Masters

This month is a fun challenge over at  Anything but a Card challenge blog. The them is Inspired by the masters. What great art master inspires you. choose a painting/sculpture/etc that inspires you.

I love pop art. A couple years ago I as lucky enough to see Roy Lichtenstein exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago (the exhibit was awesome). So I used him as my inspiration for my challenge this month. I look on pintrest to find a how to. (I mean its more than putting dots to  paper. lol I found a really easy tutorial on how to do it.  I did one last night but didn't take step by step pictures because of the lack of lighting. So this morning I did another one so I can do step by step. 

Here is the one I did last night

I have a couple pictures of me on my computer, I took one and edited it on Gimp to make it more black and white so i can still see the lines to trace but not wasting too much black ink when I went to print it. lol 

Next I took a charcoal pencil and went around the image.

I then turned it over and taped it to water color paper and used a bone folder to burnish the paper. The led in the pencils transfers on to the watercolor paper very nicely.

The results.

I then went back with the pencil and went over the picture to get what was missed 

I took a black sharpie and went over the pencil lines and also colored in the part of the hat. 
I then took crayola markers and colored in the eyes and used them to make the dots. I did start out using the ruler to make my dots straight, After a while I did away with the ruler.

The finished results.

I know I look a little crossed eye.

So with the one from last night is the same picture but is totally different! I have no idea how that happened. LOL I trimmed it down and took a black ink pad to the edges. I painted a page in my journal black. After it dried I glued my piece to the page with Helmar 450 quick dry(that's what I grabbed) It looked like I was up to no good so I stamped that on a scrap piece of Water color paper using mickey mouse alpha stamp set from rubber stampede. Used Black Mix'd Media ink pad by ColorBox and embossed with Ultra High Gloss clear from VLVS! I  left it alone after I put the page together, but then realized that I needed to do something with the background. So I used a blue color pencil and colored in the whole background and then used baby oil and a q-tip to blend the pencil.

Don't forget to check out who inspires our DT member and play along. You can maKe anything you ant as long as its NOT A CARD!