Monday, January 26, 2015

I believe in Pink

This is the recent art journal page we did in art journal class last week at the crafting place. We did clear embossing resist with a clear embossing pad and Ultra high gloss clear embossing powder from Viva Las VegaStamps! I love this embossing powder. If you saw my youtube video I did of this age you know my jar of it is running out. :)

After I came home from class I felt like finishing the page. I took the 2 pages this page would go on and painted them black (and yes I did take the binding off of the book and using 2 binder rings.It was getting to hard to work with as the book was getting fluffy.). As that was drying I took the watercolor sheet and trimmed it to the size of the pages. I have to say this is probably the best job I did with cutting the watercolor paper to size and not be crooked or not cutting it right so I can have a nice border like I have here.

I then stamped the filmed strip stamp and the dandelion and extra seeds stamp in black Versafine ink pad. I originally was going to use a Mary Vogal Lozinak image, and a VLVS! sentiment. I took out the containers I have them in. Then I saw the Audrey Hepburn stamp sitting on my computer and had to use her.I do not remember who makes or made that image. I had gotten that stamp a long time ago at a rubber stamp convention. Stamped her on white cardstock with black Versafine ink pad, and then embossed her with the Ultra High Gloss embossing powder.The "I believe in pink..." quote by Audrey is from artistic Outpost. I took a piece of photo paper (I had no idea where my Kromecote ran off to.) I sprayed the paper with Dylusion Bubble gum pink. This one had a little bit of the color left int he bottle, So I had added some water to it.(yes I do have an other bottle of that one. but waste not want not. :P ) I then stamped the sentiment with the the ink pad and embossed it with the embossing powder. I rounded the corners with the We R Memory Keepers corner rounder. I also went around the edges with a black ink pad. The glued it to the page. I attached the pages with Aleen's tacky Glue. I really love how this page turned out!

napkin art jornal page

I finished a Art journal page from the art journal class at The Crafting Place back in Dec. when we worked with napkins.

A few days after the class I stamped the coffee ring stain stamp with a red recollection ink pad that my cousin had given me when she borrowed my Christmas stamps last Christmas, The ink pad a little dried but It was fine. I also stamped the writing arrow in the Silver ink pad from ColorBox that my cousin gave me. I also stamped the skeleton family on a piece of white napkin that was pulled from the pattern of the napkin. (Napkins have 2 or 3 lays of white.) I glued it down on the page, and it melted right on the page. It looked so cool. and then I ruined it when I forgot it was still wet, and tuned the page to work on something else. Turned back to it and saw that they were peeling off of the page. GRRR So I took a piece of scrap Watercolor paper and re stamped the family and glued where the napkin of them were.

Then It sat around for a while, Then I finally finished the page last week. I stamped the line of Chevrons with black versafine ink pad. I then stamped on white cardstock the sentiment I would like to apologize. It seemed to fit the skeleton image and how I felt at the time(and sort of still do. LOL).I cut the words apart and glued them to the page.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Anything but a card challenge 43: new beginnings

Happy New Year! This months theme at Anything but a card challenge blog is new beginnings. Very fitting for me. We just moved to a new city in a new state and into a new house. Defiantly new beginnings for me.

On to this months project.

I started out with a page that had some left over paint on it. I glued a napkin with Glue and Seal from Ranger. After heating it with the heat gun, I cut a piece of plastic canvas to use as a stencil. I sprayed Radiant rain apple blossom and pearl glimmer mist through the plastic canvas. I then took Warm Lipstick Distress ink pad and rubbed some of the pink on there with a foam sponge. I then took black gel stick(kids version of Geloto by Faber-Castell). around the edge of the page and rubbed it with my finger. I took 2 pieces of Studio G pink 6x6 pad and die cut with with the Sizzix square die and the tag die. The bigger tag and used Ferro Special effect paste through a Prima stencil. I took the bigger square cut it corner and corner and he same paste through another Prima stencil. I glued the triangle to the tag to make a roof. I added a door from the little square. Glued the house to the page. I found these letters that I bought at a thrift store when I was still in Chicago. for the letters to spell out new beginning. Not that you can read it but I wrote in pen new state new house.
So that's it for this month. Be sure to go to anything but a card blog to check out what the other team members did this week and play along.