Monday, August 13, 2012

All Hallow's eve tag

So yesterday I went to Archiver's to pick up something for a friend. Of course I got something for me while I was there. Okay more than one thing. :P I got the new Happy Hauntings from Graphic 45 in the 8 x8 pad. Felt a little buyers remorse when I got in the car and all night. It amazes me how much some of this stuff cost! Saw lots of stuff I wanted. Saw some of the new stuff that was at Summer CHA. Its one thing to see this stuff online (and not buying online because you're not working funds are low)but to actually see it in person.... Well stop whining now. I need to win the lottery! :P


So when I came home, I got out the Happy Haunting pad and took a page out of it and started playing. Trying to get out of the remorse. The tag I already did the background on. I did 2 of this type of background. Its the glue crackle technique. Its one of my favorite techniques to do. I did the base layer in black craft paint and the white glue and orange paint. I did blast it with heat gun to jump start the drying process. I fussy cut some of the images of one of the Happy Haunting papers. Played around with placement. I also had "All Hallows eve" From Viva Las Vegastamps! that I had stamped and embossed, and water colored with black soot distress ink pad. I Then glossy accented some of the parts of the paper.



I am entering this in the Simon Says Stamp and Show For the Favorite Technique challenge.



1 comment:

Suzanne C said...

The glue crackle is awesome! Beautiful vintage Halloween tag! I know I always see so many fun things that I want to take home! Glad you joined in the fun with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!