Saturday, October 6, 2012

Melted crayon canvas

I wanted to make a couple more melted crayon canvas. I bought about 6 packs of the Crayola crayons in 24 count during the back to school sale. At Micheal's I got the 5 pack of 8x10 canvases.

This time I painted the canvas black(ok confession time! I wanted to a heart on one of them and glue the crayons halves around the heart but unwrapped crayons do not stuck to hot glue very well, so went with plan B.) then hot glued the crayons to it. Then too the heat gun to it and melted. this is what one of them looked like after melting.


I then turned it upside down so the crayons were on the bottom and the melted drips were on top. I was RAK'ed some silk flowers I deiced to use. I took apart the flowers. and put them back together. This one has the smaller flowers.


After this one I did do another one So did the same thing as above and this time used the left over flowers from when I took them apart. and took apart other flowers so I can use the bling on those. :) I wanted quotes to them so I went to Brainery.com and looked for flower quotes that weren't so serious, as I am not a serious type of girl. :P

I found a John Lennon quote...well its actually a Lyric from "Mind Games" and it was perfect for who I am giving it to.




Copied and pasted the quotes into Word. Changed the font size and font. font is called Sketchbook. Printed it on white cardstock. Cut the words apart and used 1/4 Miracle tape to attached the words to the crayons. and they are sticking nicely to them.





This one I stamped a bee(by bugawamps) on one of the flowers. I stamped in Black Memento ink pad. colored with bic markit markers. Attached him with Miracle tape. 


2 comments:

Sandy Jones said...

WOW..LOVE THESES SHERI XX

Dana said...

I love these Sheri! I bet it was fun watching them melt too, hehe!!