Tuesday, March 19, 2013

altered coaster journal

Hi again! Today I'm going to show you another piece I submitted to Rubber Stamp Madness for the Spring 2013 issue. And again it didn't make the cut.


I took a $1 coaster from Micheal's and glued some napkins to it to give some tooth for when I added layers to it. Once it was dried I added some gesso. Next I added some layers of different shades of green craft paints. I used a stencil with a lighter green. You can also see some punchenllia too. I also added some Star Bright paint. I put some on with a pallet knife, then with a paper town wiped it off. Leaving the sparkle and not the yellow color.

On tissue paper I stamped the Many Legged lady with Black Versafine ink pad. Glued it on with matte medium. When that was dried I took one of the lighter greens put some on my craft mat and spritz some water and with my finger put some of it over the tissue to try to blend it in more. I stamped the Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle on white cardstock. I cut the words apart and glued them with glossy accents. I then took a water brushed and Crushed Olive distress ink pad and painted the words. I edged the coaster with black craft paint.

When I got the coaster back, I deiced to make a junk journal with it. I gathered some of my papers and make a little journal with it.

Stamps used 

Items used
Coaster
matte medium
tissue paper
white cardstock
Versafine black ink pad
Memento ink pad
Crushed olive distress ink pad
water brush
stencils
punchenllia
craft paints
Star bright paint
crop-a-dile
assorted papers for journal
2 binder rings
glossy accents



No comments: