Tuesday, May 21, 2013

VLVS! Helmar swap

All week the Viva Las VegaStamps! design team will be showing projects using Helmar Adhesive  And the Helmar Design team is doing projects using VLVS! stamps. Be sure to go to VLVS! blog to see what my team has been doing all week long. and don't forget to leave some love while you are there. :)

 Here is my project I did for the swap.



I took a big clothespin that you get in the $1.50 bin at Micheal's. This is one side of it. I took it apart and sanded it and then Gessoed, I then did 4 coats of Magenta arylic paint. inside and out. While that was drying, I had some of the denim fabric tatter floral die that I cut while I was Austin. I took some black craft paint and some textile medium and painted the Chevron washi background stamp and stamped on to the fabric.  I then put the clothespin back together. I alternated the denim with the book paper of the tatter floral die. I used the Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive to glue the flowers layers and the bling center. I glued the flower to the clothes pin with the Craft and Hobby PVA Glue by Helmar.   I also used the adhesive to glue the 'S' clip to the clothes pin.I stamped Dream big on Kromecote with Colorbox pinkalious ink pad. slid it into the 'S' clip. 



This side I used the Grid washi background stamp on the denim die cuts to make this flower. I stamped the sun bathing bird on the matte side of the kromekote with licorice colorbox ink pad. I then stamed the sentiment "yes i'm afraid its true I've fallen in with the wrong crowd.." stamped with pinkalious colorbox ink pad. cut them apart and glued all the paper pieces with the Craft and hobby pva glue.  It still needing something so I grabbed the inkssentials Enamel accents in black and white and did some dots on both sides. 


Hope you like the project be sure to visit VLVS! blog and check out what Pinky and Kersten did to day and check out all week!








No comments: