Monday, October 7, 2013

VLVS! Oct. Challenge.

There is a new  inspiration challenge over at the Viva Las VegaStamps! blog. I did a page last night that fought me all the way. See I moved a lot of my craft stuff (paints, sprays, VLVS! stamps, etc. the newer stuff)from my room to the basement where the rest of my stuff is. We are selling the house so I want my room to look nice and my closet wasn't looking that great. lol So because of the stuff being moved, I wasn't doing a lot of crafting. And it showed when I was working on the page.

I wanted to play with my gelatos, so I liked how it looked but when i sprayed some star punchinella well it looked awful. a black blob. so covered it  with black paint. and wiped some it off. looked okay. then i did something to that, then it looked yuk! It went like that til I got something I liked. and this is it.


So After repainting the page black again. I took a brick stencil and some white paint and sponged the paint on the page. Then i took some tiny star punchenilla and sponged black paint on that in some spots. I then stamped the fence and the bats from VLVS! in black Menento ink(not that you can see them very well but they are there. :P ). Then I was stuck. I wasn't thrilled with the back ground. but I didn't know what else to do. So I deiced to work with it. I was flipping through a magazine and saw an ad for eye drops. I saw them mom eye and was like that can work. Cut her out. I did cut off her arm holding the baby bottle. Glued her on with mod podge(I had it up here when working on another project) I added some drips of B Positive Glimmer Glam by Tatter Angles. Then I got stuck again. I looked at my VLVS! Halloween images, I saw the raven stamp and thought he would look good standing on her head. Then I saw Frankenstein and the poison bottle. And I was like hmmm This scean played in my head. Stamped them all n white cardstock with the black Menento ink pad. Colored the bottle and Frank with my watercolors. Glued them on with tacky glue. Then I needed words. I wanted to find the words in magazines and glue  them on the page. But that wasn't working out so I typed it up on notepad and printed it and glued it. I did outline the rave with a silver gelly roll pen by Sukra and a bic black pen. to make him stand out more. Same with the words.


3 comments:

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

HAH! Love this... how fun that Frankenstein is dropping in from above :)

Lyneen said...

What a fun page in your journal!!! Lots of details!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great and fun!