Monday, March 17, 2014

Doll case

Last month I was watching some Youtube Videos and saw Bona video on making a doll case for the Julie Nutting mix media girls. Like the Barbie doll cases. I thought it was so cute. My cousin's wife is having their 4th baby, but its their first girl. Because of that my other cousin (his sister) decided to throw a baby shower so she can get some girl stuff. When I saw Bona's video of this doll case I had to make it for her.

The case is the only 12x12 baby baby paper I have. Little Darlings by Graphic 45. Instead of using a paper for the handle I used fabric that was dyed that I was given frrom Lynn in the first Secret Sister box swap.


I then took some scrap Kraft cardstock to make the faux dressers and shelf. 





The paper I used for this dresser is from My Minds Eye Lime Twist line Life of the Party. The faux drawers is DCWV Glam Rock which was scrap. The "pulls" on the drawers are pearls (yes I knw one pearl is missing when I took the picture. It was glued back on after. ) from Wild Orchid crafts. The lace draping the shelf and the white cording(which was covering a boo boo)were a couple of the things that was given to me in a RAK from Rose.  I also used a light bulb from Prima. The flowers I used were also from Wild Orchid Crafts. The "love" and Smile are wood pieces from Prima. I painted those Magenta with acrylic paint by Blick's. I used hot glue to glue them on. The Julie Butting girl I stamped on  scrap of My Minds eye paper. Her dress was from scraps of pattern paper. I did paint her hair red.



The dresser on the other side I used scraps from Fab Scraps from when I made a mini album with (also another baby gift). I used both sides of the paper. One side was the dresser and the other was the "drawers" again I used Wild orchid crafts pearls for the drawer pulls and their flowers. I orginaly was going to have some dresses cut  out and put them in the closet somehow. but then I remembered I had a little mirror that I thought would look cute for this. So I went downstairs to hunt it down. As you know we are selling the house (want to buy it? huh huh.) and sometime this spring we will be have a moving sale So I empty my desk thats downstairs because we are going to sell it. So the stuff that was in the drawers are now in boxes. So I had to dig boxes and storage containers and never found the mirror. But I did find a frame that I got at Michael's. I took the backing off and made a mirror with some aluminium tape. I glossy accented it to the box. I did try to use hot glue, but the glue was cooled by the time I went to put in the case. When I glued it to the case the frame cracked so I glued 3 WOC flowers to cover that up.


The baby shower was Saturday and everyone loved it. :)


1 comment:

Margaret said...

This is absolutely wonderful and there are so many fabulous details and special touches!