Monday, June 30, 2014

June ARC Book

The book That I read for June was "Blood Oath" by Christopher Farnsworth.

It is the first of the Nathaniel Cade series. Nathaniel Cade is a vampire. 140 years ago President Andrew Jackson pardon Cade, and made Cade a Secret Service by  making Cade take a blood oath to protect the country. Zach Barrows a  new hire to be the new vampire liaison to the president. Zach is replacing William Griffiin, she is soon to retire.

The story starts off in the Middle East where Dylan and Kahled became friends back in the state in collage. Kahled started telling Dylan things to get Dylan to work for him. Dylan decides to do the work. The work is to make umenschsoldat soldiers, which are like zombie soldiers.  Then We are introduced to Dr. Frankenstine....no really but only his name is Dr. Johann Konrad. Konrad is trying to get rid of Cade, for what Cade did to him way way way back in the day. Along with the "shadow company"

I bought this book along with the 2nd book in the series at Border when it was going out of business. It looked interesting from what i read in the back. I do like Vampire books, but not sparking, and not too much blood and guts. I like to read the ones that have a bit of humor to them and are light. This book was not one of them. LOL It did have a little bit of humor to it. It did have Blood and guts, but not the normal kind you get in vampire books. Once I started reading the book I didn't think I would be into the book. But I couldn't put the book down. It was a quick read. Took me 3 days to read it.



The book I'll be reading for July is the 2nd book in the series, President's Vampire.

No comments: