Saturday, June 22, 2013

ABAC Challenge 22: Lets Get Messy!

The new challenge over at Anything but a card is about gettin messy! So get out those Sprays, paints, inks etc and get playing!

My project is a canvas that I picked up at an Estate sale. This is what it looked like before:

I liked the size of it. And I didn't pay $4 for it. It was 1/2 off day when I got it. There were 2 of these. While working on it I thought I should of picked up the other one. lol 

This is what it looks like now

I did 2 layers of Gesso of the canvas and the sides. I then picked out some craft paint. Used the bluse as the base. The dimonds you see are from what was wraped around a wine bottle I got earlier this year. I looked at and thought it would be cool to use. I added some drips and splots of black, pink and white craft paints. Then I did something I didn't like and did THE WHOLE THING OVER! The result is the background is what you see now. and let me tell you I got messy!  I work infront of my computer and my poor monitor had spatters of white splots on it.

The Dress form is a die cut that a friend sent me(I now have the die on clearance from Hobby Lobby. LOL) I first put paper on it and then did the drips and splots like the canvas. Then added the three dew drops at the weist. Glued it on the canvas, then that it looked horrible and got out the black craft paint and painted it in two coats. you can still see the drips if you look closely. lol 

I painted the sides of the canvas a couple times. I finally broke out the Wild orchid Crafts flowers that Natasha and Sarah sent me. Hot glued them to the canvas. The sentiment is from Viva Las VegaStamps!. Edged the sides with Salted Ocean. Glued it with Gloss accents. 




Hope you all play in this new challenge over at ABAC! 






3 comments:

Dana said...

Love it Sheri! So much texture, drippage and yummy colors in the background. The sentiment you added it too funny! Great job =0)

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Love your thriftiness and your fabulous makeover Sheri!
What a fun sentiment too!

CarlaKH said...

Love this...so fun and such neat textures and elements!