Monday, January 26, 2015

I believe in Pink

This is the recent art journal page we did in art journal class last week at the crafting place. We did clear embossing resist with a clear embossing pad and Ultra high gloss clear embossing powder from Viva Las VegaStamps! I love this embossing powder. If you saw my youtube video I did of this age you know my jar of it is running out. :)


After I came home from class I felt like finishing the page. I took the 2 pages this page would go on and painted them black (and yes I did take the binding off of the book and using 2 binder rings.It was getting to hard to work with as the book was getting fluffy.). As that was drying I took the watercolor sheet and trimmed it to the size of the pages. I have to say this is probably the best job I did with cutting the watercolor paper to size and not be crooked or not cutting it right so I can have a nice border like I have here.

I then stamped the filmed strip stamp and the dandelion and extra seeds stamp in black Versafine ink pad. I originally was going to use a Mary Vogal Lozinak image, and a VLVS! sentiment. I took out the containers I have them in. Then I saw the Audrey Hepburn stamp sitting on my computer and had to use her.I do not remember who makes or made that image. I had gotten that stamp a long time ago at a rubber stamp convention. Stamped her on white cardstock with black Versafine ink pad, and then embossed her with the Ultra High Gloss embossing powder.The "I believe in pink..." quote by Audrey is from artistic Outpost. I took a piece of photo paper (I had no idea where my Kromecote ran off to.) I sprayed the paper with Dylusion Bubble gum pink. This one had a little bit of the color left int he bottle, So I had added some water to it.(yes I do have an other bottle of that one. but waste not want not. :P ) I then stamped the sentiment with the the ink pad and embossed it with the embossing powder. I rounded the corners with the We R Memory Keepers corner rounder. I also went around the edges with a black ink pad. The glued it to the page. I attached the pages with Aleen's tacky Glue. I really love how this page turned out!



No comments: