Friday, January 22, 2016

fall/Halloween postcard swap

This past fall I participated in another swap over at the VLVS! Groupies facebook group. The swap was postcards with a fall/Halloween theme. I chose to do a Halloween theme.

I started out taking some photo paper(pacts that you get free when you buy printer ink) I first played with alcohol ink, but wondered how Dylusions spray would react to the photo paper.Its awesome on photo paper! The paper does get tacky while the spray is wet, but once its dry its fine. The color are so bright and vibrant on the paper. After it was dried. I took a spider web that I cut out on my Cameo. and used Spackle through the die cut. I knew the spray would come through., and I was fine with that. 

While that was drying I stamped the Skeleton family, the all day sucker on white card stock with black archival ink pad. I colored the sucker with Be Positive Glimmer glam from Tatter Angels. Fussy cut the skeletons out (no one was harmed while doing that) and the sucker. Glued the sucker to the hand of the main guy. Then glued tat to the post card. I then stamped the bats on to the postcard. Finally I printed a couple of signs that are a wingding. Colored them in color pencils in a orange and yellow. glued that on the page. Then added some crackle accents to the signs.






No comments: