For the project for this swap I chose to alter a Tic Tac Toe game by Stamp in the Hand, that I was given as a gift years ago. It sat in a filing cabin for years, as I had no clue what to do with it. This swap was a perfect excuse to play with it! This is what it looked like before.
I gessoed the game peices and the board. My orgnial idea was to use the game pieces like art tiles. Like you do with the scrabble tiles. As I was working with them, I wasn't liking what I was doing. So, I went another way.
I did start off with takeing 3 of the papers I got in my kit (music sheet, Asian text, and another text papers) and tearing some of it into small strips and gluing them down with heay gel medium. I used that, becuase that was what I grabbed and wanted to use it. But you can use white glue, or mode podge or matte medium. After that dried. I did different things to each tile. Some I put a little bit of white craft paint over the papers, some I used seedless perserves and Dusty concord distress ink on them. some I used different purple craft paints on them. I was just playing. I was used the purple family, becuase my little color kit that I got in my kit was purple.
When all the tiles were dried I took some of the punchinella I got in my kit and put it over the squares and used some white craft paint on it. I then I took the heart punchinella and used some black craft paint. I also used some plum craft paint on a couple of the tiles too.
I then picked up some small stamps like the brick wall and the lady in Chapeau . That is when I started not liking what I was doing. LOL So I took some of the word stamps from plate 1383 and stamped them on the tiles. I also pulled out some of the images to use on the squares. I then painted the sides black craft paint.
Next I stamped some of the images by Mary Vogel Lozinak on one of the left over text papers I used when I was gluing some of that paper on the tiles. One I stamped on an empty space from a music sheet. I colored all them in with Crayola Color pencils. I glued them down with the Heavy Gel medium. Before gluing the girl down I took 2 of the sequins and glued them behind her as wings. Then I took the puffy crown and glued that to her head. All part of the color kit. I glued a bog purple button on one the tiles and a purple flower on another. Used Glossy accents to glued them down. I cut out the 2 girls that were from the Sears catalog paper that was in the kit. after I glued all the pieces down I did trim the access paper off of them. I stamped some of the sentiments on to the empty space from the music sheet. and glued them onto the tiles with the heavy gel medium.
Before glueing anything to the game board. I did paint it black. Painting the inside of the board was somewhat of a pain. but i did it. lol I then took some of the punchenllia and sprayed some Lindy's Stamp Gang Voodoo Violet Blue on the front and the back. I then hot glued all the game pieces to the board. I really liked the bottle cap that was in the color kit so I made that the center square. Glossy accents didn't want to stick to it so I had to use hot glue on it. The tile on the bottom I made him a juggler. i took 3 of the sequins and glued one on each hand and one in the middle of the of the frame.
I really really like how this turned out!
Craft paints in black and various purple shades
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray Voodoo Violet Blue
Various items from the Gauche Alchemy kit
Golden Heavy Gel Medium
Black Archival ink pad