Saturday, June 13, 2015

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

butterfly garden

I participated in an altered spool swap over at the Viva Las VegaStamps! groupie Face book page. The theme was spring. I had the spools, but what I was going to do with them for this swap I had no idea. I was looking on pintrest for ideas. then I got an idea and went from there. I combined some Mary Vogel Lozinak stamps and the stripped butterfly stamps. I have the large and the small butterfly, thanks to pound of rubber that I had gotten in the past.

On white cardstock I stamped the large and small butterflies, I also stamped some images from Mary Vogel Lozinak. I colored all the images and cut them out. 

The big butterfly I did cut the head off the butterfly and glued it to the back her head.

The small ones I didn't even bother fussy cutting the antennas. 

I had some thin wire and glued it with Helmar 450 Quick dry to the back of the butterfly girl then glued that to the spool. The spools I painted in bright colors of pink, yellow and purple.

The smaller butterfly girls I glued on the sides of the spools like they were sitting. One of the taller ones I did glue on the back of the bigger butterfly girl like she was sitting on top of the spools.

Back to the front I colored some Wild Orchid Crafts glowers in Dylusion sprays. When they dried I glued them on the the spools to help hide the wire showing and help hid the backing to the sitting butterfly on the other side. 

It still needed something on the spools. I didn't know what. I didn't want to throw flowers everywhere on it. It didn't look good to me. I  decided to die cut the smaller flower from the Tatter Floral die from Tim hults with some fabric and sprayed that with Bubble gum pink Dylusion spray. After that dried I added a blue bling from Wild orchid crafts to them. Then I glued them to the spools where there were blank spaces. About 3 each spool.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Anything But a Card Challenge 48: 'Out and About

Hey Everyone welcome to another challenge over at Anything but a Card. This months theme is Out and about. I altered this plaque that is from Oriental Trading Company.

I glued down a couple napkins with matte medium then I did a couple layers of gesso. I cut some pieces of cheap dry wall tape that I got at a dollar store a few years ago. I then painted he plaque with pool blue craft paint. I used a harlequin stencil with pink craft paint, and plastic canvas with a turquoise Dylusion spray. I took the black Dylusion spray I opened the bottle and just taped the sprayer to get splots. The Eiffel Tower is also from Oriental Trading Company. I painted it a different blue and put some Jasmine Silks to it and some Inka Gold. I did put some of the Silks on the plaque to tie the two together. I painted the edges with black craft paint.
I stamped Audry, the Julie Nutting stamp from Prima. Stamped her with black Versafine ink pad on the Buff paper pad. Colored her hair with crayola colored pencils. Her dress I used Uncharted matte stack by Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby. Cut out and glued the pieces on her. I then glued with Helmar 450 Quick dry the Eiffel Tower to the plaque and then attached Aurdry with foam tape.I added some Black Diamond Stickles for her belt. I cut a little bit of beaded trim and glued it to her as a necklace. I stamped Bonjour from another Julie Nutting stamp set. 

Be sure to check out the blog to see what everyone else in our Design team did. and come play along!

Saturday, June 6, 2015

ICAD 2015 Day 5 and 6

This was drop paper that I glued onto the index card. I went looking though my stuff near my desk. Saw these die cut birds that Linda sent me last year. I painted it black and then used a harlequin stencil with white craft paint. Washi tape is from Dollar tree. the Wake Up is from a magazine ad. Edge the index card with black ink pad.

Love how this turned out! Another back drop paper(well same paper a the one above.) glued it to the index card. Used the chunky hearts stencil from UmWowStudio and used matte medium with a pallet knife through the stencil. Let it dried over night. Next day I painted the index card with water down black craft paint. After that dried I took a baby wipe and wiped off the paint that was on the matte medium, reveling the paper underneath. I dropped Process Magenta FW ink on one side and let it dripped down. While that dried I got some layered squares chipboard pieces and potty people(they are not called potty people on the site . LOL)chipboard pieces (also by UmWowStudio). Put gesso on them. The bottom 2 squares I painted with Silks Jasmine and Sky Blue. The top square I painted Magenta and black craft paint. The potty people I painted in neon blue and neon pink. When dried glued them on the card. I did have to put a heavy book on top, the index card was curly and I didn't want the chipboard to pop off. lol i used a sticker from Cosmo Cricket Tiny Text. it says "Live, Laugh, Love" Finally used silver Gel stick from Faber-Castell and went over the edges of the card. 

Going to enter this ICAD in the UmWowStudio June challenge: Anything Goes

ICAD 2015

Its that time again for Index card a day. Go to Daisy Yellow blog for info. You do art on an  index card everyday from Jun 1st to July 31. She has prompts for each day or you can do your own thing. The first year I did this I used Rolodex cards for them. Last Year I did Rolodex cards but didn't finish because of the move. This year Though I still have a TON of Rolodex cards I deiced to use index cards this year. Bought them at Dollar tree.

Here are the first 4 days of ICADS. When working with them I basically used what was around me.