Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Playing with Alcohol inks on photo paper

A few weeks ago I wanted to see how clear embossing resist would work with alcohol inks. I had some backgrounds that I have done on photo paper months ago. The first one I did I used the Umbrella man from the clear stamp set I have from Tim Holt. Stamped him in clear ink pad and embossed with clear UTEE. It did bubble up a bit bit not too bad, and I could cover.I used my brayer with black memento ink pad and brayered over it. I took a baby wipe the black ink off the embossed image. Then I noticed that some alcohol ink was coming up too. I was like hmmm. wiped up a little more. The I took some yellow home made spray that was yellow and smooshed it around the atc with my finger. It was a bit sticky due to whatever is on the photo paper, but as it dries it will no longer be sticky. It looked really cool! I then stamped the sentiment that goes with umbrella man. spread the paper with some yellow and blue to match.

The middle atc was the first one I did as described above.
Then I wanted to play some more. I took a bunch of backgrounds I made and stamped them with different stamps from that set. the 2 on either side I used the clock. Basically did the same as described as above but this time I took off a lot more acohol ink off. Sprayed with a bunch on Lindy's sprays . The one on the left I used the ticket stamp. And stamped umbrella man on white cardstock and sprayed with magenta homemade spray and yellow spray to try and match the colors of the atc. that one isn't done yet. The one on the right I stamped the birds on a wire. I stamped umbrella man again on white card stock and sprayed with colors to match the atc background. Cut him out and glued him down and stamped the sentiment then sprayed it to match the atc.

No comments: