Thursday, March 1, 2012

Secert Sister box swap goodies I made for my partner

Mid week last week I think it was we were all watching Laurel doing an impromptu ustream where she was altering a cricut cartage box. Some how along the way a secret sister box swap was born. I went back and for about joining, my deal was postage, but I dove in and joined the swap. it was a quick deadline to join the swap.

The details of the swap was to decorate a box ( you can either make a box or use one you have) and then fill it with handmade stuff or stuff in your stash. NO BUYING!

We got our swap partners on late Friday night. :P and of course the little over achiever that I am (funny i was never one in school LOL) I did most of my crafting all day Saturday and some on Sunday too. Some things in the box that were hand made were made way before this swap even excited, and needed a home. I mailed it off on Tuesday( I would of mailed if off Monday, but time got away from me. :P)and everyone is mad at me for finishing so fast. :P My partner got it today (as of this post writing its Thursday March 1st). So the video is uploading on you tube and I am writing this blog post. :) and everything is UIU!  =D

I did not make the box. It would not be pretty and frustrating if I did. lol The box is a candy box that is about 10 inches long and 5 inches wide. give or take a quarter inch. I used the breath paper collection by Prima. Top of the box I smashed some bottle caps and glued in 2 pics from back of a calender in them. The flourishes are grundge board elements dots. painted in 2 greens. The domino I made way before the swap.

I made a couple of domino's. One I turned into a pendant, the stamp I got as a freebie from custom crops. The other domino the stamp is by Stamp Clinic.

I made a tag. The paper is Retro Mod stack by DCWV. The images are by bugaboo digis. I added lace I had gotten from thrift store at the bottom. And the ribbon at top i got from Dar in a RAK and I colored it with Rudolf Nose Red and Bucket O Blood Red by Lindy's.

I made 2 altered CD's. the first one I used the Retro Mod stack by DCWV and I used a digi stamp from Meljen's designs. The 2nd CD I just used some pages Restoration Hardware catalog and stamped some gears with gear dies cut from foam.

I made a little envelope mini useing the stack the deck binding. I made the envelopes with papers I got from Felicia in a rak and used the Create a lope envelope templates. I gave her 6 other envelopes in brown tones and made her another mini one in red that I did not take pictures of.

I made a 5 x 7 canvas. I did a base layer of red. added some music paper and tissue paper. then a layer of green craft paint. then more tissue paper, and some water down black craft paint. then I covered all the layers up with adding the images on it. lol. The baby is from a calender, the flower and licence plate is scrapbook paper scraps. The tree is a chipboard die cut resist from Hampton art that i used distress inks on it.

And the last thing I made was this book. I saw it in an old scrapbook magazine. I looked at it and was like I can do that. So I did. I used 8 coffee filers and sprayed them with various lindy sprays and other sprays. Papers for the covers are from Breath collection by Prima again. Also for the cover I used some lace that was dyed with dark chocolate truffle starburst stain by lindy's and a sticker lace. and I used some stickers that were in my sticker stash, that I stuck on card stock and cut out and used foam tape on them. Glued 2 coffee filters to each of the inside covers. Then a strip of glue in the middle of the filter.

No comments: