Saturday, March 8, 2014

Anything but a card challenge: 33 Spakle

This month ABAC the challenge is Sparkle. So get out your glitter paints, your S T I C K L E S, glitter papers and play!


I did a journal page. Its from a Prima journal that I got last year. It already had some left over stuff on it, so I built the page from that. i used some Martha Stewart Glitter paint in aquamarine with an old gift card.. I do have to say you can't really see the color when you put it down on paper, but t sure is sparkly.  Then I got put the Color Shine in Tensile and a stencil that Pavla sent me. I love the drips in the I got. Then I took some Star Bright(makers of the Luminare paints) glitter paints in Yellow and Lemon Chiffon and scrapped in on the page with a pallet knife. The paint is sticky (though I I like the glitter in it) so I did another layer of the Martha Stewart glitter paint. and the cool drippiage I got from the stencil and the spay I used went away. I used the spray again with a circle plastic canvas.

I stamped one of the Julie Nutting dolls ( I LOVE them) on one of the "buff" papers from the paper pad. I colored her hair with a Raspberry Neo Color 2. I dressed her in scraps from Colorful Life by DCWV (Yes, I used some of the paper. Still hording..i mean treasuring that paper). I glued her down on the page. She needed a sparkly crown, So I took one of the crowns from Maya Road and used Spun Sugar Distress Stickles on it. When it was dried I glued it on her. While the stickles were drying I typed the sentiment I found on Pintrest when looking for Sparkle quotes. printed it out and glued it down. I edged the words with black neo 2's. and a water brush. Not completely loving that part though. I took my corner rounder and on the 1/4 inch side rounded the 2 out side corners. I edged the sides of the page with black craft paint.


While I was doing the page I did some ATC's. With scraps from Colorful Life(I used the papers to make dividers for my FiloFax) I didn't to too much to the paper for the ATC because I didn't want to cover the paper up too much with sprays or paint. the Papers are just so cool! I did take plastic canvas and sprayed with the tinsel color shine spray. the women and "Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle" are from VLVS!  the other 2 sentiments I found on pintrest and typed up on Notepad. Colored all of them in Neo color 2's.

Added Stickles to the center of the flowers and the maracas

added stickles the sentiment with my finger. then used glossy accents.

Added stickles to the center of the flower

So Go To Anything But a card blog and play along and see what the other DT members are doing! 



5 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Love your journal page - the background is fabulous but, naturally, I adore the sparkly crown!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous journal page Sheri - but I just LOVE those ATCs!!!! x

Dana said...

So cute Sheri!! Love them all! S T I C K L E S !!! =0)

Unknown said...

I love all the attention to detail in your projects - and that sparkly crown is so cool!

Margaret said...

Your journal page is fantastic!! The sentiment is so perfect for the challenge too! Beautiful job on the ATCs too!!