Saturday, August 2, 2014

Anything but a Card Challenge 38: Lets get Zen

This month at Anything but a card the theme is repeating motifs/patterns.


As you know I won a spot in Soul Food class. I started out doing good with the lessons, but then it was getting to advance for me with some of the lessons. But one lesson was from Dana (who I won the the spot to take the class from her blog. ) Her lesson was how she makes a collage background then does her faces and she made an angel from music paper. I went for the part on how she does her faces. It was super easy. Course mine are NOTHING like her's. lol

For this months challenge I decided to do a face. I first drew her on graph paper. Made it easier for me to get the spacing right for the eyes. Then I copied it on the printer. Then I traced it on to copy paper using a light box. I colored her with Derwent 24 Studio rose pink color pencil. But it was so pail I had to use water color crayon in the apricot. I also used the red for the lips and blues for the eyes. I used the ivory black for the eyes and the nose. Instead of coloring her hair like I normally do, I zentangled her face. The patterns I found were from the books One Zentangle a day by Beckah Krahula, Online, and from the book Totally Tangled by Sandy Steen Bartholomew.



After drawing and Tangleing her, I had no idea what to do with her. I decided to use her for the Documented Life pages. This is for the week of July 23. The prompt for that week was use a quote from a book. For the background I wanted to play with the Ferro Special Effects paste by Viva Decor In Graphite. I took a circle stencil and used a pallet knife to put the paste through it. I made sure not to put the paste where I was going to put her. I let it dry over night, but It did dry pretty quick.

I glued her down on the page. I then went to find a quote from a book. After not finding one from Shelfira.com I went to brainry,com. First I looked at Dr. Seuss, But nixed that idea and looked for an Anne Frank quote I liked. I copied and pasted it in Word Pad. I used a font called Dean Martin swing. Cut the words apart and glued it down.


So come play along at ABAC and take a look what the other DT members have done.

2 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Sheri good on you for playing with ideas and concepts that challenge you.
Your journal page is lovely!

Unknown said...

Stunning!!! I love her :)