Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween cards

It was a while since I've been in a swap and when I saw Laurel talking about doing Halloween card swap I decided to join as I brought with me my Halloween stamps. I did start playing around what I was in my head in my journal, but it didn't work out becuase 1. I didn't bring much cardstock with me and 2 I didn't bring any card bases to put what I planned on doing on the card base. So I had to go another way. I won a $10 gift certificate from 7 kids collage fund and ordered the witchy poo stamp set of Julie Nutting by Prima with it. Late in August I had gotten a happy mail package from Diane and init was some scrapbook papers of Nightingale by Colorbox and Oriental trading company. so I used 2 sheets of each papers. and cut them in to 6x6. and made cards from them. They are not the most traditional colors of Halloween but you gotta use what you got and that what I got! :)


I know I know....pink and black what a shocker of colors coming from me. :)


I stamped the witch and pumpkins and bats on white cardstock(I did bring some) and colored them with crayola twistable color pencils. Her dress is another paper from Oriental trading company. The hat is another paper from nightingale. The black tape with white poka dots is ducking duck tape. The witching hour is from Viva Las VegaStamps! and stamped on scrap white cardstock. I added some sequins that I got at Dollar tree a few weeks ago. 



The inside I stamped Happy Haunting from Viva Las VegaStamps!







1 comment:

Margaret said...

I LOVE the break from traditional Halloween colors(even if it was a bit out of necessity!), and the pink/black combo goes so well with the sassy girl! She seems like a pretty trendy witch!