Tuesday, June 9, 2015

butterfly garden

I participated in an altered spool swap over at the Viva Las VegaStamps! groupie Face book page. The theme was spring. I had the spools, but what I was going to do with them for this swap I had no idea. I was looking on pintrest for ideas. then I got an idea and went from there. I combined some Mary Vogel Lozinak stamps and the stripped butterfly stamps. I have the large and the small butterfly, thanks to pound of rubber that I had gotten in the past.

On white cardstock I stamped the large and small butterflies, I also stamped some images from Mary Vogel Lozinak. I colored all the images and cut them out. 

The big butterfly I did cut the head off the butterfly and glued it to the back her head.

The small ones I didn't even bother fussy cutting the antennas. 

I had some thin wire and glued it with Helmar 450 Quick dry to the back of the butterfly girl then glued that to the spool. The spools I painted in bright colors of pink, yellow and purple.

The smaller butterfly girls I glued on the sides of the spools like they were sitting. One of the taller ones I did glue on the back of the bigger butterfly girl like she was sitting on top of the spools.

Back to the front I colored some Wild Orchid Crafts glowers in Dylusion sprays. When they dried I glued them on the the spools to help hide the wire showing and help hid the backing to the sitting butterfly on the other side. 

It still needed something on the spools. I didn't know what. I didn't want to throw flowers everywhere on it. It didn't look good to me. I  decided to die cut the smaller flower from the Tatter Floral die from Tim hults with some fabric and sprayed that with Bubble gum pink Dylusion spray. After that dried I added a blue bling from Wild orchid crafts to them. Then I glued them to the spools where there were blank spaces. About 3 each spool.

No comments: