Friday, September 18, 2015

King of Hearts

Over on the Viva Las VegaStamps! groupies Facebook group there was another swap. This was an ATC swap where the theme was Roalty. I had to make 4 ATC's We get 3 in return and 1 is for the store. The cards had to have a King, Queen, Jack and Ace , what you find in a deck of cards.



One day while it wasn't too hot out I went out on back porch and did some nail polish marble backgrounds. I did them with different type of card stock than the last time I did them. I also used 4 different nail polishes by LA Colors that I had gotten from Dollar Tree. I had precut some atc size cards that were Kraft card stock. I really liked how the marbling looked on them so that's what I used for my bases for the swap. The one thing I learned from this round of marbling that the LA Colors polishes from Dollar Tree were not staying on the papers like the Sinful Color brand does. Some of it flaked off Some bubbled. and when I stamped with the StarzOn ink pad like I did with the postcards I did back in April, a little of the polish was coming off on to the stamp. :(  I stamped the little scribble heart for the Card suite and wrote inside the J,Q, K, and A inside of the heart. I also added a sticker sentiment from Cosmo Cricket Tiny text stickers.


The Jack is Wheeley Frog Stamped on white card stock with Black archival ink pad. Colored with Prismas. I added a crown charm from my stash. 


Ace is the Fish with high heels and Fish standing on a box. Added some bling from Jolies for bubbles.

The Queen and King are my favorites! The Queen is  Lady Silhouette (AKA Marylin M.) I added a crown chipboard from Maya Road. Painted it with Bubble gum pink Dylusions paint. Stamped the all day sucker stamp on top once the paint was dry. Glued it with Aleen's Tacky.


Last but least the King! I originally wanted to have Elvis, but he was too big for an ATC. So I settled with Frankie. LOL His crown is painted with Vibrant Turquoise.  I stamped his crown with Number strip.







1 comment:

Dana said...

Very kewl Sheri! I love the nail polish backgrounds