Thursday, April 26, 2012

The password is....

This weeks project for me was a password book. I do have a place for my passwords, but I didn't like where they were kept. its all about recycling in this project!


The covers started off as a box that I had gotten a RAK in. I cut it down so I could reuse the pieces for book covers or whatever on projects. I took 2 pieces of that and measured for the covers in 6 x 4. I also took some of my old jeans that I had cut up to use for the covers




After I cut the corrugate to size I glued one of the pieces and put the piece on the denim. cut the denim leaving a bit of a border around it. I cut the corners. I took some Miracle tape around the edges and also some glue to make sure the fabric will stay put once put down when I fold the denim down onto the corrugate. 

After that I cut some decorative cardstock for the inside covers. I LOVE retro, and I had just gotten the Retro Collage from recollection, so I wanted to use it. I added some lace on the front cover that I had in my stash and some pink cotton trim that I had gotten in a RAK I wanted to use. I punched some holes with my crop-a-dile for binder rings.



On white cardstock I stamped screaming lady and I use to have a like now i have e-mail stamps with black memento ink pad. I colored the lady with color pencil. And used Worn Lipstick distress ink pad around the edges, after I cut it with a decorative edge scissors. I went down to look through my Scrabble tiles to find the letters to spell out password. I found all the letters but the 'W' So I took the 'M' and use turned it upside down to make it a 'W'. LOL 



As for the papers I used for writing the passwords on I used old paper that was in a spiral notebook. but i cut it wrong! LOL So i took a bunch of paper from a yellow tablet and cut it the write way! punch holes and out them in the book.


Don't forget that This month card challenge is "Earth day" there is still time (like 4 days LOL) to make a card and post it on your blog and link it up to the Viva Las Vegastamps! blog. You might win $25 for the Viva Las Vegastamps! store! :)

No comments: