Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I got the Blues

On June 8th I went to Chicago Blues Fest in Grant Park. I normally don't go to this fest, but I knew one of the bands that was playing. So I went. A couple days before I went downtown to The Art Institute of Chicago to see the Roy Lichtenstein exhibit (which was totally cool!). I know this has nothing to do with the blues, but I''m getting there. I was way early for the Art Institute to open. So to kill time i went to the visitors center to see what if they had any brochures on the exhibit. They didn't but i did find something on the Blues fest. So i took a couple of them. One to mail out to a friend, and one for me to art with.


I cut out the Chicago Blues Festival out. I also cut out the piano keys and the skyline and the dates of the fest. I glues them down with matte medium by Blick's. The guitar is from an ad in a magazine. The ad was for Las Vegas! :P But I thought the guitar would go perffect with the blues page. I took the colors for the page off the lettering. I first did black craft paint. and if the paint got on the images I just took a baby wipe to wipe it off. when that dried I took two different orange craft paints and spread that around the page with the baby wipe that was somewhat dried but not totally. I had gotten a map of the fest that also had the line up of the 3 day fest so I made a tip in. I used the crease that was already made as where I wanted to glue it to the page. 

The comes the stamping. I used the harmonicamusic notes and the Guitar and stamped them in Galaxy Gold Brilliance ink pad. I don't have a good white ink pad. And the gold seem to do the job on the page. 






Items used:
Black craft paint
Med. orange craft paint
orange craft paint
Galaxy Gold Brilliance ink pad
matte medium

Stamps used


2 comments:

Laurel DeViney said...

Looks great Sheri!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fastidious response in return of this difficulty with solid arguments and explaining the whole thing regarding that.
Here is my web page ... iraqi dinar