Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Viva Las Vegastamps! Halloween Blog hop day 4

Welcome back to day 4! Hope you are enjoying the hop! I know I am. :)

Today I'm going to show you a little faux TP mini I made. It is really easy and made from 1 sheet of 12 x 12. I saw a youtube video on how to do it. You can watch the video on how to make the mini. Like I said it is really easy! The only thing that gave me trouble when I first did it after i saw the video was the measurements for the inside pockets. lol I will never claim to be a math wiz or a great measure person. LOL I have the hardest time with 8th on a ruler or cutter.LOL When it was time to cut the paper for the tags, I had to zoom the screen out and look where she was placing the paper to cut. :P I used a lot of the new VLVS! Halloween stamps for this project, for the tags and the pages.

This is the cover. The paper i used is the Kraft resist Halloween stash by Tim Holtz. I choose to use binder rings as the binding. These are from Teresa Collins that were in a kit that I never made. LOL. i used my Crop -a-dile to punch holed and eyelts on each side of the paper to give some strength. There are 4 pages in this album. I used The Fall distress ink pads for all of the pages.and tags. 

The cover I used the Happy Haunting stamp on Kraft cardstock. Used the Ripe persimmon on it. the cat is from a sticker a day calender form my stash. The flower is made from fabric i have in my stash and colored with Dark Chocolate truffle and Voodoo Violet Blue Starburst Spry and a little bit of bucket o Blood Moonshadow Mist by Lindy Stamp gang.I added one of the Halloween coins by Tim Holtz.(good think I did pick those up at Tuesday Morning! :P)

 Here is the next page and the non pattern side of the tag. The page I colored 3 pearls with purple bic marker(its became a habit when doing these projects for the hop. lol) and put them on the corner. The tag i stamped the witch costume on black archival ink pad and the witching hour using gathered twig distress ink pad.

The next page I just stamped the giant head skeleton on a piece of Kraft cardstock with black archival ink pad. glued it on to the end of the page.

 For this page I stamped the R.I.P. Jack O Lantern on white cardstock and colored it with ripe persimmon distress ink pad with a water brush. Only glued the bottom of it so you can easily tuck a picture in there.
 This is the tag for the page above. I used the tree background stamp in the gathered twig. I then stamped the R.I.P. jack o latern and the cemetery stamp with the black archival. I stamped the flock of birds int ehe same  ink pad as the tree background. I then stuck a sticker on white cardstock cut it out. and used a little bit of Mircale tape to put it on the tag. (I also used Miracle tape to make the pages of the mini.)

This page is just with a Flower I made using the same fabric and sprays as the first one. the little circle is covering the brad i put in the middle.
  Other side is just a die cut from a day by day calender of die cuts that was in my stash. i glued a corner of it so you can stick something in there like the ticket.  I have the Tim Holtz ticket die so i cut some and stamped the tree background and the Oct. 31 on it.
The back of this tag is the Giant skeleton head stamp and another ticket die cut with the tree background and the Friday the 13 stamp.

 The last page. Another sticker that I stuck on white cardstock and glued the top and bottom of the ghost for another place to stick another ticket.
And finally the back of the mini. I didn't do anything here because I like how it is when i put the page together. I mean he's got a hole in the middle of his head. LOL


 Stamps used

Items used
1 sheet of 12 x 12
paper cutter
all 3 Fall distress ink pads
sponges(for distress inks)
black archival ink pad
pearls
bic mark-it marker
ticket die 
eyelets
crop-a-dile
binder rings
fabric
sprays
brads
stuff from my stash

Hope you like mini. I know its kinda plain and simple. but you gotta have room to put the pictures in! :)
Don't forget to take a picture of your VLS! stash and post it on the wall on the VLVS! Facebook page. here is a picture of mine. :) the word mounted sentiments that you cant see are in the bottom. :)


8 comments:

Stamped Impressions said...

I love the stamps used on your cute mini book! TFS!

by belle said...

Very cute mini!!

Cheryl LIndsay said...

Love the stamps you used....very clever...TFS

Tarnished Rose said...

Love your mini book. Wonderful job.

Smiles~
Marilyn

Lyneen said...

Cute MINI Book!!!

PJ Waldrop said...

I love the mini. Way too cool. Would love to see it with your pictures.

Chris said...

Great mini!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

what a wonderful spookalicous album...love it