Sunday, December 30, 2012

my reads for 2012 Artful readers challenge

In one of my previous posts I said I was going to do the Artful readers challenge that Darcy is doing for next year. We are to pick 12 books out and read 1 a month and at then when you are finished with the book write a small review and also do a piece of art based on the book you read. I picked out my 12 books. it was pretty easy as I picked a bunch out in my to be read pile in a drawer and have them on a shelf. I had 11 already out, so just needed to find one more. Here are the 12.


In no order in how I will read them in 2013

A brisket a Casket by Delia Rowen
Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
The Case of the Ill-Gotten Goat by Claudia Bishop
Buffalo West Wing by Julie Hyzy
Delicious Suspicious by Riley Adams
Skein of the Crime by Maggie Sefton
Scoop to Kill by Wendy Lyn Watson
Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay
False Impressions by Terri Thayer
Big Hair and Flying cows by Delores J. Wilson
Killer Curise by Laura Levine
The Teaberry Strangler by Laura Childs

Yes they are all cozy mysteries, but 1. and yes a lot of them are food related. lol I hope I am able to zip them month by month.

First book I am going to read is Killer Cruise by Lara Levine  I read the book previous to this one in the series last month. If i have more than one book in a series together I like to read them in order. lol I'm weird like that. :D

24 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

I am doing the artful reader challenge too....I look forward to reading your reviews

Darcy Marshall said...

yay welcome on board, looking forward to your reviews and artwork. x

Gina said...

Can't wait for Big hair and flying cows...sounds hysterical...and the images your book titles are putting in my head, awesome!
p.s you can block anonymous comments in your comments settings. It's the only thing I block, saves a lot of unnecessary annoyance :D XXX

Virginia said...

Looking forward to the reviews and artwork!

San @ Made in Hem said...

Oh, such fun colors to have out on display! Are they mysteries? On first sight it feels like chick-lit to me... Doesn't matter, I like all books! Looking forward to your reviews!!! ♥

K.M.Myers said...

Fun Fun Fun Fun :)

Tee McNeil Art said...

What a list of books~ I'm with Gina.. voting for the flying cows sooner rather than later!! LOL

Maz said...

Looking forward to seeing what you think of these - I like the J Evanovich books but I'm only up to 12 I think in the Plum series.

lorig said...

I see some new to me mystery authors on that list and some of my old favorites. Looking forward to the reviews.

Janet said...

Cannot beat a good mystery! Looking forward to your reviews.

Janet xx

Alison xx said...

This looks like a great set of books. Looking forward to seeing your reviews. A xx

Jen said...

All unread by me so looking forward to your reviews.
Jen x

Stephanie Jane said...

some interesting titles, i love cosy mysteries xx

Jez said...

The Case of the Ill Gotten Goat, Big Hair and Flying Cows, Buttercream Bump Off ....... I'm a sucker for a good title, so these are going to go on my wish list, and I look forward to seeing the reviews and the artwork for these.

Gina said...

What an interesting set of titles! Skein of the Crime sounds like something I might like, as I am a knitter LOL

Shirley said...

I have not come across any of the books on your to read list. Really looking forward to reading your reviews and seeing your artwork.

Carmen said...

I'm loving what different book tastes we all have. I can see my wish list growing and growing this year!

SusieJ said...

This could have been my list..I love "cosies"...and I have a Laura Childs on my list ! I would have had Janet Evanovich but I read #18 over Christmas!
Can't wait to read your reviews.
Hugs xx

donnalouiserodgers said...

looking forward to your art and reviews, dx

manomij said...

My kind of books girl, looking forward to the reviews and art!
manonx

Helen Ding said...

Can't wait for you art

Jenny said...

Wonderful Sheri... interesting reads... look forward to hearing about them...

Jenny ♥

laurie said...

i can't believe there are so many great sounding books out there that i haven't even heard of! i look forward to hearing what you think about them at the end of each month.