Sunday, May 26, 2013

ABAC challenge Week 20-using your old supplies

Hi everyone! its time for the new challenge over at ABAC! the new challenge is using your old supplies. you know you bought stuff months or years ago and maybe used it once or twice and then never touched it again. well get them out and start playing!

When I started thinking on what to do for this theme I didn't have a clue  what to do. Then I thought back to the art retreat last month and the coasters we made that Martha taught us. I haven't used my UTEE in a long time and then I thought about my other stamps that I have that I have't used in forever! so I got out my crayons, craft iron, Bristol paper, stamps, and my UTEE and heat gun and went to work.


I had these round coasters that I got at Saver's thrift store last year I took 6 of them to used them for the base of the coasters instead of the cork. See I used another old supply! :D I took one of the coasters and put it on the Bristol board to trace it. I cut the circles a little bit over where i traced the coaster. I then took my black versafine inkpad and stamped on the Bristol with my stamps. The 2 girls, I do not remember where I got them from. I got them at a convention years ago and do not remember the company. The skyline looking up and the Mark Twain quote are from Stampland. The Chicago theater is from .

After i stamped the images. I tok my prisma color pencils and colored parts of the images. Then I heated up my craft iron and grabbed some crayons and put the crayon to my iron and swiped the color on the Bristol with one swipe. Did that til the whole coaster was covered. 

I then used the Helmar Craft and Hobby PVA glue and put some onto the coaster, spread the glue around then took the Bristol paper and placed it onto the coaster. I got out a big heavy dictionary and put each of the coaster inside the book so the paper and coaster can stick together. Once dried I took them out and trimmed them.

Now We get to the UTEE. I used my clear embossing pad and inked up the coaster. and then added the UTEE. I did 3 layers of UTEE. and its smooth!

Here is a close up on one of the coasters. This one I used a Glitter crayola crayon.


So dust off your old supplies We all have them! and start playing and link up your project to the Anything But A Card challenge blog!


2 comments:

Von said...

Gorgeous colours and images :)
V0n ☺

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - these are so gorgeous... love the colours and glossy finish - fabulous!
Alison x