Saturday, November 1, 2014

Anything but A Card Challenge 41: anything goes

This month its anything goes for anything but a card challenge blog. And for the challenge I did an art journal page.

A couple weeks ago I was finally able to go to the Crafting Place to take a art journal class taught by DeeDee Catron. It was really fun. I got to play with the new Distress stain sprays to make the background. We also played with coffee spray spraying the book page die cuts and the canvas resist by Prima.

I chose Salted Ocean Distress Stain and the Picked Raspberry (Shocking I know! ) Distress stain spray. sprayed and dabbed on craft mat. Then sprayed water on them hen I dragged the water color paper to the craft mat. dried it with heat gun, then repeated for 3 more times. Then we glued on the dies and dollies on the bottom of the page.  doodled on the sides and top of the page. When I came home I did cut the paper to size to put in my journal. I had to doodle the top of the page again since it got cut off. Before we left I stamped the little girl wearing a crown from VLVS! on water color paper. I added her to the page when I got home. I used foam tabs to attach her. I added the sentiment from Ginger House Studio attached that with foam tabs too. I attached the watercolor paper to the art journal with Miracle tape.




Don't forget to check out the blog to see what the other design team members are doing and come play along! you can do what ever you want as long as its not a card!


3 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Gorgeous pages Sheri. I love the background and the book pages and doilies against it.

craftysahmiam said...

Love the bright colors you chose with to use with the "vintage-y" images/coffee staining.

Toni said...

Sheri this is wonderful... I have to get some of the distress stain sprays !! Didn't realize they were so vibrant... And coffee spray... Love it !!! I actually have a spray bottle with tea in it that I use all the time, but coffee would produce a deeper tone ! Thanks for the inspiration !