Sunday, May 3, 2015

Anything but a Card: Challenge 47 Inspired by the Masters

This month is a fun challenge over at  Anything but a Card challenge blog. The them is Inspired by the masters. What great art master inspires you. choose a painting/sculpture/etc that inspires you.

I love pop art. A couple years ago I as lucky enough to see Roy Lichtenstein exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago (the exhibit was awesome). So I used him as my inspiration for my challenge this month. I look on pintrest to find a how to. (I mean its more than putting dots to  paper. lol I found a really easy tutorial on how to do it.  I did one last night but didn't take step by step pictures because of the lack of lighting. So this morning I did another one so I can do step by step. 

Here is the one I did last night




I have a couple pictures of me on my computer, I took one and edited it on Gimp to make it more black and white so i can still see the lines to trace but not wasting too much black ink when I went to print it. lol 



Next I took a charcoal pencil and went around the image.

I then turned it over and taped it to water color paper and used a bone folder to burnish the paper. The led in the pencils transfers on to the watercolor paper very nicely.

The results.

I then went back with the pencil and went over the picture to get what was missed 

I took a black sharpie and went over the pencil lines and also colored in the part of the hat. 
I then took crayola markers and colored in the eyes and used them to make the dots. I did start out using the ruler to make my dots straight, After a while I did away with the ruler.

The finished results.

I know I look a little crossed eye.



So with the one from last night is the same picture but is totally different! I have no idea how that happened. LOL I trimmed it down and took a black ink pad to the edges. I painted a page in my journal black. After it dried I glued my piece to the page with Helmar 450 quick dry(that's what I grabbed) It looked like I was up to no good so I stamped that on a scrap piece of Water color paper using mickey mouse alpha stamp set from rubber stampede. Used Black Mix'd Media ink pad by ColorBox and embossed with Ultra High Gloss clear from VLVS! I  left it alone after I put the page together, but then realized that I needed to do something with the background. So I used a blue color pencil and colored in the whole background and then used baby oil and a q-tip to blend the pencil.


Don't forget to check out who inspires our DT member and play along. You can maKe anything you ant as long as its NOT A CARD!





2 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

This is such fun Sheri - love that you used a photo of yourself. Might give this a try.

Unknown said...

Well done! Very nice.
Yahoo contact number