Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Everyone wants a Pumpkin Spice Latte

I've been sick almost all last week with a stomach bug.So I haven't done any art for a while. Yesterday was the first time I did anything since was sick (well beside Sunday at Art Journal class with DeeDee. LOL) I did a journal page in my Dylusion Journal for October's inspiration board challenge on the VLVS! Blog.


I started the page with using a piece of 12 x 12 that I used to cut with my Cameo donuts. I thought the circles would make a cool stencil so I kept it and that's what I used for the page. I used the Squeezed Orange Dylusions spray. I then took Gathered Twig Distress ink pad and a foam applicator and put ink between the circles and on the edges. then I took my spray bottle and sprayed the page. Left it sit for a few seconds then took a paper towel and blotted the water off. I did that a couple times. I let that sit to dry.

I stamped Humpty Dumpty on cardstock with black archival ink pad. Colored him with pearlesent water colors. Set him to dry. 

After the page dried I stamped the brick background stamp with the Gather Twig distress ink pad.  I then took the brick stencil from UmWowStudio placed it in the corner of the page. I used DecoArt Black molding paste. Then I let it sit to dry. After it dried I used the Tree Background  and black archival ink pad and stamped the tops of the stamp on the top of the brick wall ( I tried to cover u a boo boo with the texture paste. lol) I also used the spiked fence stamped at the side of the brick wall. To compete the scene I used the flock of bats, full moon and the hang on witch stamps. 

I thought Humpty need to hold something and I saw one of the coffee to go cups that I cut on my Cameo. I colored the sleave with orange gel stick by Faber-Castell. Then pieced it together and glued it to Humpty. Then put him on the great wall. Lastly I wrote out the sentiment for the page on white cardtock and black pen.  Cut and glued on page and went around them with my black Stabilo pencil.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic ! Thanks for joining us over at VLVS!
Corrie x

Shanna Shands said...

How fun. I love you humpty dumpty latte!

Tera Callihan said...

Great Piece, and you are sooo right i need a pumpkin spice latte!! :D