Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sm;)e

I'm still on an ATC kick. I have a lot of starters. I did 2 more yesterday.


Yesterday I was playing with black cardsock 65 lbs from Recollections and my Dylusion paints.After seeing the new 8x8 square black Dylusion journal and how cool her paints looked on the black paper, I wanted to see how they would look on the back cardstock I have in my stash. The paint look so cool on the black cardstock.

I used the Harlequin stencil from UmWowStudio and the Crushed grape and Vibrant Turquoise. While that was drying, I took one of the mini Polaroids Chipboard from UmWowStudio and with my pallet knife I used some DecoArt white gesso on it. I then used my fingers to make some texture and set it to the side to dry. Didn't take long. After it dried I used Black Soot distress ink pad and rubbed it on the chipboard. I took my waterbrush to it. I wanted the texture to show more so I went over it again with the black soot.

I stamped the Rabbit wearing Sunglasses from Viva Las VEgaStamps! and stamped him on white cardstock in Black Archival inkpad. One of his lens on his sunglasses didn't stamp clean, so I used a black pen and colored it in. I used Neo Color 2's and painted his sunglasses, nose, and inside ears. I took the chipboard piece and glued it onto the cardstock with Aleene's tacky. then trimmed the paper. then glued the Polaroid to the ATC. I edge the Polaroid in Lamp (ebony) Black craft paint by Americana. I rounded the corners with my WRMK corner rounder. I stamped the Smile stamp on the ATC in Black Archival ink pad. I then back the atc on to cereal weight chipboard.


This background was a cut off from a journal page I did in Art Journal class. The possess I did for this mini Polaroid is the same thing I did to the one above. But I used Picked Raspberry and spun sugar Distress ink pads. then used my water brush to blend. Then I used Black soot to pick up the texture of the gesso. I stamped the Flamingo and Skinny Girl on white cardstock with black Archival ink pad. Colored the Flamingo with Neo Color 2's and colored the skinny girl with my Koi watercolors. Glued the Polaroid to the paper then cut trimmed.  Edge with the Lamp black craft paint. Glued to the ATC. Stamped the Sm;)e stamp on the the background. Used the corner rounder on the corners.

No comments: