Sunday, January 22, 2017

Art journal page: happiest time of my life

There'  new mood board this month for Mixed media moods with DeeDee Catron and Mixed Media Jen. I did a Journal page.


I started out gluing down white backing from a decorative napkin to give the page some tooth when I went to gesso the page. After that dried I glued don Tissue paper from Tim Holtz. Once that dried I used Americana paints in Saffron Yellow (for the base layer) Dragon Fruit, and Purple Rain. I used the other 2 colors and did drips on the side f the pages. I took some watercolor paper from my stash and used Tattered Angles Plain Jane Simply Sheer in Un-Birthday on the entire page. and punched out squares. Glued them on the page. I stamped the Overlapping Squares added some splots with the Simply Sheer spray. for my focal point, I used a calendar page I placed her in between the butterfly, so it looked like she has wings. I glued down the quote that was on the same calendar page she was. Finally I added more splots with the pink and purple on the page.




No comments: