Saturday, June 8, 2013

ABAC Challenge 21-dear old dad

The New Challenge over at Anything but a card challenge blog is Masculine or remembering dad. I had to sit and think about this one, but I came up with something.


The journal page is done in my Staphmore Visual Journal 5 1/2 x 8. I took a circle plastic canvas and sprayed some black SEI tumble dye spray on the page. I then took some punchenllia and sprayed SEI tumble dye in sky blue. Finally I took silver paint and painted bubble wrap and stamped it on th page. I also did some drips of the blue spray and silver paint.

I looked through some old pictures of my dad like these. I copied them on the printer. At first I did a transfer with the Claudine Hellmuth multi medium but didn't like how it turned out. So reprinted the pictures and used the multi medium to glue them down on the page. The 2 smaller pictures are when my dad was 2 and a half. Think the other picture he is 4. My grandfather owned an archery store, so my dad did archery when he was a kid, I even dabbled in it when I was little. After the glued dried I used Distress crackle paint in rock candy and painted over the pictures. I wanted arrows and didn't find any in the colors I wanted. The arrows you see are stickers from Hedi Swap and were pink, green and yellow. So i stuck themn on a piece of paper, cut them out, and then painted them place a couple of coats. I then glued them on the page and then added some me crackle paint. I looked up a Robin hood quote from the Disney  move. found one and typed it up and printed it. 





Hope you guys go over to ABAC challenge blog and play along!

2 comments:

happyDiane said...

That really is a great looking page!

Margaret said...

This is fabulous! The background looks amazing and I love how you altered the copied photos! Such a great way to preserve those memories!