Saturday, October 12, 2013

Anything but a card challenge 28 orange and black

Well its around  Halloween and Challenge 30 at Anything but a card challenge blog  is orange and black. I did a 5x7 flat board canvas.


This canvas was giving me trouble but I finally won.
I painted the canvas with a bright orange. Then I took this lace that has spider webs and spider and wrapped it around the canvas tightly. I did tape it to the back with scotch tape. I sprayed with black Dylusions spray. Took the lace off and it was too blotchy so tried to fix it with water down white craft paint in a spray and punchenllia and also some drips. Nope that made it worse. So I took the water spray bottle and sprayed the sprays off. tried it again. still didn't like it so sprayed with water and I kinda liked how it looked. You can still see some of the spider webs there. I had some of the White Linen Dylusions spray ink on the punchenilla so I used it as a stamp. 

Next I stamped the bats in clear embossing stamp pad by Ranger and embossed with ultra high gloss clear embossing powder from VLVS! Liked how that looked so I stamped the witch falling and the happy haunting stamps in black Versafine and embossed it in the ultra high gloss embossing powder. I called the background done.

I stamped the prima girl on dictionary page with black Archival ink pad. I dressed her with Graphic 45 last year's Happy haunting collection. I painted her skin with Artist Loft water color and her hair in the pearlesent watercolor also by artist loft. Glued her on the page with the Helmar craft and hobby pva glue. 

I made 2 prima girls as I didn't know which girl I wanted to use. So after I finished this canvas I did another one with the other girl. be sure to check out my youtube video on this project to see that canvas. :)



so get out the orange and black and play along in challenge 30! Don't forget to go to the blog to see what the DT is doing. :)

1 comment:

Mrs Beez said...

I absolutely love the Halloween twist that you have given to the stamped image. The background looks amazing too. x