For my project this month I made 3-D Dress form. I saw the tutorial from MsLiberty25 on youtube. Be sure to check her out. I linked the video tutorial on my Youtube video on this project.
For the dressform I used cereal box and book paper for the dressform die. Also i piece of scrapbook paper. I inked all the book pages with Picked Raspberry distress ink pad. can you tell this one is for me? LOL
The box is a candy box that I painted with black craft paint two coats to make sure I got good coverage. While that dried I put together the dressform. After it was put together. I glued it to the lid of the box with Helmar 450 Quickdry.
Around the bottom of the dress form I glued a couple of Julie Nutting dolls wooden charms. I just cut off the hole where its a charm. I glued all the spools that came from when I was cutting the dress form out, and gled them together. I glued the scrapbook paper die cut of the spool on top and edged in pink craft paint. I also one of the many pink flamingos I have gotten from Viva Las VegaStamps! orders, and a rose that was made by DeeDee Catron from when she first started UmWowStudio and made handmade flowers(which she no longer does). I added a chain with a couple of charms to the dress form.
The I ran through my stash and grabbed pink, black and white buttons and some other odds and ends stuff. and glued them to the lid. I took some seam binding that the wonderful ArteDar sent me last year and glued that around the edge of the lid. Then I took the black lace trim and used Glossy accents to glue that down.
The original reason why I saved the box was to make a shadow box with it. Well that idea sort of went out the window. I did do something the inside of the box. Turned out so cute!
The background paper I used is from The Create Collection by Recollections . I stamped the Mama's day on white cardstock with Black Versafine ink pad and embossed with Ultra High Gloss embossing powder. I colored her with Crayola makers. I took a water brush and went over it. I did use foam tape to attach her on the the background. I did glue down another flamingo ( I have LOTS of them! ) and a cow brad(no reason just cause it was cute. LOL), I just took the brad part out.
This corner I used another black rose and I took 2 molds that i made from the Trinkets mold from Mod molds by Mod Podge using Amazing casting resin from Amazing products. The skullie I used the pearlesent powder on the mold before pouring the resin. I did use foam tape on them but also glue to attach them to the back.
Be sure to go to Anything but a card to see what everyone is doing and link up your project to the blog!