Monday, July 13, 2015

Tags London Bound

I have a couple of friends who are going to London at the end of this month. I made a couple of tags to send them hopefully before they leave! LOL I was playing with ideas for tag backgrounds for the tag swap over on Viva Las VegaStamps! groupies FB group. I didn't want to toss this one so I kept it.

Background is neon blue as the base. Then used neon pink, neon purple, and neon orange with various found objects for mark making. Then used 2 stitching stamps from VLVS!





I used Betty from Julie Nutting mixed media doll from Prima. I stamped on book paper. Colored her skin and hair with Neo color 2's. The paper I used for clothes is Favorite Thins by Heidi Swapp. I did add some shading with gray color pencil to the folds of the clothing.   I stamped the pup in the same book paper. Colored the pup also with Neo Color 2's.  I attached the doll and the pup with foam tape. The speech bubble is wood veneer that I got in a RAK. I colored the piece with tumble glass distress ink pad. Letters are from Kasier Kraft. I had to glue them down to the wood. Then I used Glossy Accent over the piece. when completely dried, I glued it to the tag. I added some trim to the hole on top.


The pink tag I Embossed the tag using one of the retro texture fades by Tim Holtz. Then I painted it with neon pink. Stamped the scribble hearts  and the stitching by VLVS! . Also did some mark making with the neon blue and neon purple and neon orange. 

I used Audrey mixed media doll by Julie Nutting from Prima. Colored her skin and hair with Neo color 2's  I used the same paper collection as the tag above. I did add some shading with gray color pencil to the folds of the clothing. I stamped the pup in the same book paper. Colored the pup also with Neo Color 2's. I attached the doll and the pup with foam tape. I used some more wood veneer pieces. I used Spun sugar Distress ink pad to color them. This time I spelled "Gave fun" and "woof". I tied some trim to the top of the tag. 

I've been playing with my Cameo and I downloaded a coffee to go cup and shrunk them to tiny to fit on the dolls. Aren't they cute! 







No comments: