Saturday, January 11, 2014

Anything but a card challenge -Balance

The challenge at Anything but a card challenge is Balance. You can either use the word balance or use the picture on ABAC blog to inspire your project. I chose the word to inspire me.

I did a journal page. The page had some left over spray from stencils that I stuck in the journal to get the spray that was on the stencil. Nothing to waist!  You can still see some what was already on the page.


For my journal page I picked the three blues in the Dylusion sprays. London blue, Vibrant turquoise and Calypso teal. I also used S.E.I. Tumble dye spray in Sky blue. Sprayed them on the page, sprayed some water on the page to blend the colors. I dabbed off some of the color as it was a puddle of blues. lol(I saved the paper towel to use for later. Had lots of yummy color on it). Dried it. still had some white spots on the page so I sprayed a little more with the Dylusions. Dabbed and dried. The I sprayed some of the S.E.I. tubmle dye sand when I dabbed some that off, the other colors came off as well leaving like a salted background look. Like a resit. Thought it looked cool so I left it alone.

Once that was all dried, I took a brick stencil and Ditto spray in like a purpley magenta.(did I mention I had no plans in my head for this. LOL I just went with the flow, like always.) I then took a harliquine stencil and water down  white craft paint I have in a spray bottle and spray that on the page on the stencil. Dried and I stared to get drips coming from the diamonds so I sprayed the white craft paint on the upper right corner three times.  

Next I looked for a quote for the word 'Balanced" I looked on brainy.com. Saw nothing I liked. They were all long and didn't care for them. So The I went to pintrest and typed in balance quotes and saw this one by Einstein. I knew I had a bicycle image in my magazine journal fodder. So I typed the quote up and printed it while I hunted down the picture.  Glued the picture and the words with Helmar craft and hobby PVA glue. If I used matte medium or Mod Podge or that type of adhesive then I ran the risk of getting the color of the sprays going on the image since the sprays are water base. 

So everyone plays in challenge 28 and link it up. and be sure to go to the blog to see what the other DT members did this week and last week!

No comments: