Sunday, August 2, 2015

Anything but a card challenge 50: Celabrate

We are in a celebration mood over at Anything but a card! Celebrate is the them for this month.



For my project this month I created this birthday....well I don't know what to call it. It's not a card, as this is Anything But a card challenge blog. The inspiration of this piece was the birthday dice cut that I cut out on my Cameo that I FINALLY unboxed once I got my new desk. After playing around with it as a stencil. I sprayed the whole thing with Dylusions Cherry Pie spray. While that was drying I got out three Julie Nutting doll stamps. Stamped them on book paper with black Memento ink pad(I can;t find the ink pad since!) Colored their skin and hair with Neo color 2's/ I dressed them in papers from American Craft Hip Hip Hooray collection. The tip of the hat I originally used Diamond Stickles, but too much of the background still showed through. So I used some Recollection bling from my stash.

The base if this piece is on a 8x10 mat board. I used the white side of it. When the die cut was fully dried I put foam tape on parts of the die cut and set it on the mat board. Then I added foam tape to the girls. Before putting them on the mat board I thought they needed to be holding balloons. I stamped these hears from Art Gone Wild (from back in the day) from the scraps I used when I dressed the girls. Cut them out and on some of them I used Stickles. Stickles I used are Diamond, Black Diamond,Yellow and Mermaid (that one is Pure Glitz). When those were dried I used some twine from Target Dollar spot for the balloon strings. I glued the balloons to the girls. I attacked the girls to the mat board. Before I attached the balloons to the mat board I made sure the strings were tight and not loose as I put them on the board. I cut off access strings.

I then added some sequins through the board and some bling. I then glued down a sucker that was part of the mod molds from Mod Podge that I used Amazing Casting Resin and painted it with Barn Door Distress paint. and added some pewter Perfect Pearls to.




Be sure to check out Anything but a Card challenge blog to see what the other Designers are doing.

Sadly this is the last Challenge for the blog. :(  I would like to thank Susan for inviting me to be part of this team 2 (or maybe it was 3)y ears ago. Its been fun!


2 comments:

craftysahmiam said...

Wowzers, what a wonderful paper pieced collage of birthday fun ! It's been fun seeing all of the creative pieces that you designed for Anything But A Card. Keep on Crafting !

Toni said...

AWWWW I love your piece... It made me smile BIG !!!! The girls are all dressed up and ready to party !!! It's been a pleasure creating with you on this team and wishing you nothing but beauty throughout your creative journey ! xoxo